Caring for the surgical site*
Most surgical site wounds will have a few stitches or staples. These should be kept clean and dry until the first follow-up visit, which is usually scheduled in seven to 14 days following the procedure. Be sure to follow these steps.
- Avoid scrubbing the surgical site for 72 hours
- Do not take baths and avoid excessive soaking of the site
- Report any changes such as redness, bleeding, and/or swelling to your doctor
Becoming active again*
Always follow your doctor’s instructions about activity restrictions and how to increase light activity such as walking. Be careful and avoid too much activity too soon.
For six weeks following the procedure, limit all lifting, bending, and strenuous activity including:
- Lifting any weight over ten pounds
- Any significant bending of the spine, especially twisting
- Performing any strenuous activity such as swimming, golf, tennis, racquetball, running, jogging, or sexual activity
Why choose Boston Scientific?
Boston Scientific pain management solutions offer critical advantages backed by extensive clinical evidence. Our therapies can be personalized to treat your unique pain to help you achieve relief that other treatments simply can't provide.
Wondering if the Vertiflex Procedure may be right for you?
Take this quick quiz and find out. ⟶
†Superion™ Indirect Decompression System.
*Please refer to your Instructions for Use.